Don’t see your city listed below? No problem. The tour dates for The Power of Unpopular are still being sussed-out, but I’d love to hear where you think I should go this year.
Send me a note via the contact form with who you are, your location, and details, and we’ll chat! Meeting people is the best part of what I get to do for a living, and I hope I can land in a city near you to make that happen.
For bulk book purchases for events, I’m happy to partner with 800CEOREAD — they’ll manage pricing, shipping, and everything for you, hassle-free.
April 24 – Birmingham, AL
Sponsored by the Alabama Social Media Association
Hill Event Center — Alabama Theatre
1811 Third Ave. N
RSVP here (attendance is FREE!)
*** This event includes a 1-hour presentation by moi on Branding: The Inherent Power of Unpopular. We will laugh, learn, possibly cry (’cause I’m like that) and have a hoot.
April 25 — Atlanta, GA
Sponsored by iFusion Marketing and The BarrelHouse
5:30 – 7:30pm
The Barrelhouse Midtown
22 5th Street
Atlanta, GA 30308
RSVP here (attendance is free and appetizers compliments of BarrelHouse — thank you!)
May 1 — Boulder Book Store (Boulder, CO)
Sponsored by The Boulder Book Store & Mile High Social Media Club
May 9 — The Tattered Cover, LoDo (Denver, CO)
Sponsored by The Tattered Cover & Mile High Social Media Club
June 30 — Colorado Spring Social Media Day (Colorado Springs, CO)
July 28 — The Rift Raft (Sacramento, CA)
August 29 — Third Place Books, Lake Forest Park (Seattle, WA)
Address and event details
November 10 — Domy Books (Houston, TX)
Dates forthcoming for:
Seattle, WA / Providence, RI / New York, NY / San Diego, CA / Los Angeles, CA / Boston, MA / Philadelphia, PA / San Francisco, CA / New Jersey
Bring “The Power of Unpopular” to Your Event
We know, we know…you’re wondering how soon into my presentation I’m going to drop the f-bomb, right? Las Vegas sports books usually set the over/under at about three minutes. But that doesn’t mean you can’t dress me up nice and put me in front of an audience.
I’m a regular speaker in boardrooms and at conferences across the country and have a knack for making complex subjects not just approachable, but personal. And the best part? My audiences leave laughing, with a new appreciation for both the subject matter and themselves.
Maybe I want to book Erika to speak at my upcoming event. How do you know if she’s the right speaker or panelist for my audience?
- You like crowded rooms. My sessions typically become standing-room-only events. Just ask the folks at Entrepreneur Magazine who host conferences with an average of 1,000 attendees, only to find a third of them jammed into my session room.
- Your audience expects more than just a speaker. They’re looking for answers. I never pulls a speak-and-split. I’m yours, for the entire contracted period (kind of like a call girl, but with a better roster of topics and a client list not contained in a Little Black Book). That means I arrive early, speak with anyone who wants to speak with me, and hang out with your attendees to answer their questions.
- Laughing? You dig it. No one wants to sit in this presentation. I hate “slide readers,” believe that everyone in the room has something to contribute, and know that this thing we all practice called “business” is hilarious. I’ll help your audience discover the humor, too.
- You hate clip art. Your event is entirely too important for crappy clip art slapped onto a PowerPoint slide. I only use professionally designed presentations. Yeah – I pay for stuff like that. Because it makes both of us look good.
I’d Like to Book You to Speak. Details, Please.
That’s simple. Two ways to get that process rolling:
- Contact Form: Just Click Here.
- Speak With a Human: Contact her publicist, Elisabeth Monaghan at Monaghan Communications [emonaghan] at [monaghancomms] dot com. You can also ring her up at 303-514-8383.
Upcoming Speaking Events
Digital Book World Discoverability & Marketing Conference - New York, NY
September 24, 2012
FIT (Fashion Institute of Technology) School of Business – New York, NY
September 26, 2012
Ad:tech New York “Social Commerce: How to Grow Sales, Increase Loyalty & Improve Customer Service” – New York, New York
November 7, 2012
Entrepreneur Magazine Growth Conference – Dallas, TX
January 10, 2013
Serious Business Conference – New Orleans, LA
January 20, 2013
Oklahoma City Social Media Club – Oklahoma City, OK
March 14, 2013
Association of Independent Information Professionals – Denver, CO
April 5, 2013
Recent Speaking Events
SIT Graduate Program – Battleboro, VT
September 18, 2012
Keynote – NEMOA (National Etailing and Marketing Association of America) – Mystic, CT
TEDx Boulder – Boulder, CO
September 22, 2012
The Jeff Probst Show – Guest (Hollywood, CA)
August 3, 2012 (taping date)
The Rift Raft – Guest Speaker
July 28, 2012
Branding Yourself in a 2.0 World: Femfeshionals Denver
May 9, 2012
PRSA Colorado Gold Pick Awards – Master of Ceremonies/Emcee: PRSA Colorado at the Denver Art Museum
May 3, 2012
What Superheros Can Teach You About Branding – Denver, CO: Digifest Denver
April 22, 2012
University of Colorado – Denver: The Social Slot Machine: Strategies for Maximum Payback (panel)
April 19, 2012
Judging a Book By…A Guide for Changing the World, One Unpopular Thought at a Time: Colleague Connection, University of Denver
April 26, 2012
South By Southwest Interactive (SXSWi) - The Power of Unpopular, Book Reading Session
March 11, 2012
South By Southwest Interactive (SXSWi) – The Power of Unpopular, Book Signing Session
March 11, 2012
Guerilla PR Tactics - University of Colorado School of Law/Silicon Flatirons
February 20, 2012
Public Relations Society of America, Colorado – Why Bloggers & PR People Butt Heads (panel)
January 15, 2012 (follow-up video)
Entrepreneur Magazine’s Growth Conference - Long Beach, California (featured presenter)
January 11, 2012
SocialWyo – Cheyenne, Wyoming (keynote)
October 13, 2011
Entrepreneur Magazine’s Winning Strategies Conference – Miami, Florida (featured presenter)
September 21, 2011